ALA Annual Conference
What is a flipped classroom?
- Pedagogical model that reverses lecture and homework
- Students view or listen to lecture material on their own time, while class time is spent reviewing and applying what they learned
- Combines synchronous and asynchronous learning
- Students are not passive participants in the classroom
- Focus is on “just-in-time” instruction
- Promotes better student-teacher (or librarian) interaction
Education – Experimental methods; Library orientation
Information Literacy | Library and Information Science
Fawley, N. E.
Flip This Class: Using a Flipped Classroom Approach to Teach Information Literacy.
Presentation at ALA Annual Conference,
Available at: http://digitalscholarship.unlv.edu/libfacpresentation/104