American Library Association Techsource Workshops
Las Vegas, NV
Part Four: Quick Tour of the Current Marketplace:
- "The Big 5"
- Similarities and differences
Part Five: It's Not All Sliced Bread:
- Shortcomings of web scale discovery
Part Six: Implementation (pre launch steps):
- Selecting and preparing implementation staff
- Preparing and communicating process/decisions with all staff
- Working with the vendor (roles, expectations, timeline)
- Workflow changes and implications (technical services)
Part Seven: Specific implementation tasks, issues, and considerations:
- Record loading and mapping (catalog content)
- Harvesting and mapping digital/local content
- Working with central index data (internal & external content)
- Web integration and customization
- Assessment and continuous improvement
Information storage and retrieval systems; Libraries — Automation; Online library catalogs
Cataloging and Metadata | Databases and Information Systems | Library and Information Science | Science and Technology Studies | Strategic Management Policy
Evaluating and Implementing Web Scale Discovery Services: Part Two.
Presentation at American Library Association Techsource Workshops,
Las Vegas, NV.
Available at: http://digitalscholarship.unlv.edu/libfacpresentation/89