First page number:
Last page number:
This cooperative task agreement was awarded to the Public Lands Institute (PLI) at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV) on October 1, 2006, with the term ending on February 17, 2009, as modified. The following information constitutes an annual report for all of the major activities performed during the second year of this agreement. In addition, a brief summary of all work performed for each project in the agreement between October 1, 2007 and September 30, 2008 is presented. Other important tasks or activities associated with this agreement, but not identified under any specific project, are also summarized.
• Over 5,000 acres were inventoried or monitored and 152 newly discovered archaeological sites documented on LAME and PARA
• Ten technical reports and three memoranda were written in support of TA projects
• Seven manuscripts and two master’s thesis are in progress, under peer-review, or published
• Twelve papers or posters were presented at professional conferences
• Monitored 151 features at the historic town site of Saint Thomas
• Draft report summarizing the test excavation program at 26Ck4943 completed
• Over 65 site condition assessments conducted on LAME and PARA
• Over 2,800 acres inventoried and 90 sites recorded as a result of NPS and BLM fire management projects on PARA
• Test excavations and related field work completed at several Puebloan sites on PARA
• Predictive site settlements models developed for PARA
• Over 900 acres inventoried and 9 sites recorded for Capital Improvement Projects at LAME
• Over 450 acres surveyed and 19 sites recorded for the Lost City Inventory Project
• Ground penetrating radar and electro-magnetic conductivity surveys completed for three sites at Pueblo Grande de Nevada
Archaeological site location; Archaeological surveying; Arizona – Grand Canyon-Parashant National Monument; Excavations (Archaeology); Indians of North America – Antiquities; Nevada – Lost City; Nevada – St. Thomas; Pueblo Indians—Antiquities; United States – Lake Mead National Recreation Area
Rees, M. N.
Archaeological Inventory, Site Assessment, and Data Management, Lake Mead National Recreation Area (LAME) and Parashant National Monument (PARA), Annual Report for 2008.
Available at: http://digitalscholarship.unlv.edu/pli_lake_mead_archaeology/10