First page number:
Last page number:
This task agreement was awarded to the University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV) on October 1, 2005, with the term ending on September 30, 2006. The following information constitutes the final close-out report, as stipulated in the agreement. This report summarizes all archaeological resource activities that were used to meet the deliverables identified in the statement of work. Major activities performed under this task agreement are described in the text and summarized below:
- Post-doctoral scholar hired to oversee archaeological programs .
- UNLV field school on the Shivwits Plateau completed .
- A total of 4,947 acres inventoried .
- A total of 121 archaeological sites recorded.
- A total of 6 petroglyph sites were recorded, including 158 individual panels.
- Conditions assessments completed for 54 previously documented sites .
- Test excavations conducted at 2 sites on the Shivwits Plateau .
- A total of 17 NHPA Section 106 compliance surveys completed .
- A total of 6 NHP A Section 106 compliance reports completed .
- 1 NHP A Section 110 preservation program survey completed .
- 1 NHP A Section 110 preservation program report completed .
- 1 Archaeological Resource Protection Act report was completed .
Archaeological site location; Archaeological surveying; Arizona – Grand Canyon-Parashant National Monument; Excavations (Archaeology); Indians of North America – Antiquities; Nevada; United States – Lake Mead National Recreation Area; United States – Lake Mohave
Rees, M. N.
Archaeological Research and Data Management, Lake Mead National Recreation Area and Parashant National Monument: Final Close-Out Report, October 1, 2005, to September 30, 2006.
Available at: https://digitalscholarship.unlv.edu/pli_lake_mead_archaeology/2