First page number:
Last page number:
This cooperative task agreement was awarded to the Public Lands Institute (PLI) at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV) on October 1, 2006, with the term ending on September 30, 2008. The following information constitutes an annual report for all of the major activities performed during the first year of this agreement, as stipulated. A brief summary of all work performed for each project in the agreement between October 1, 2006 and September 30, 2007 is presented. Other important tasks or activities associated with this agreement, but not identified under any specific project, also are summarized.
• More than 6,700 acres were inventoried or monitored and 96 newly discovered archaeological sites were documented on LAME and PARA.
• Twelve technical reports, ten memoranda, and three conference papers were written and/or presented on task agreement projects.
• Some 142 features at the historic town site of Saint Thomas were monitored.
• More than 60 site condition assessments were conducted on LAME and PARA.
• More than 4,500 acres and 61 sites were recorded as a result of NPS and BLM fire management projects on PARA.
• The UNLV Archaeological Field School was conducted this summer at Lava Ridge Ruin.
• Both pilot and final databases were completed for the PARA settlement pattern study, including data obtained for approximately 1,200 sites.
• A total of 600 acres were inventoried for Capital Improvement Projects at LAME.
• More than 450 acres were surveyed and 19 sites were recorded for the Lost City Inventory Project.
Archaeological site location; Archaeological surveying; Arizona – Grand Canyon-Parashant National Monument; Excavations (Archaeology); Indians of North America – Antiquities; Nevada – Lost City; Nevada – St. Thomas; United States – Lake Mead National Recreation Area
Public Lands Institute
Archaeological Inventory, Site Assessment, and Data Management, Lake Mead National Recreation Area (LAME) and Parashant National Monument (PARA), Annual Report for 2007.
Available at: http://digitalscholarship.unlv.edu/pli_lake_mead_archaeology/6