First page number:
Last page number:
- Tortoise and tortoise habitat monitoring was conducted on the Northshore Road construction project, on the Southern Nevada Water Authority intake pipe project, the Frontier Telephone-Willow Beach project and the movie film at Temple Bar.
- A total of 25 tortoise education classes were given to 90 individuals.
- Evaluation of 3 potential sites for relict leopard frog translocations conducted but sites were not recommended.
- Head-starting and translocation efforts for relict leopard frogs continued. 1183 animals translocated so far this year.
- Relict Leopard Frog Conservation Team meeting held and yearly report completed.
- Continuation of data management and QA of GPS collar information from bighorn sheep to assess impacts of highway construction.
- Peregrine Falcon surveys mostly completed; all previous sites evaluated and two new territories identified.
- Shorebird surveys conducted twice per month during this quarter at 7 sites to monitor spring migration on Lakes Mead and Mojave.
- Point count surveys to monitor songbird species conducted at 24 sites, plus call broad cast surveys for southwest willow flycatchers conducted at 4 sites on Lake Mojave.
- Approximately 140 surveys for thrasher species completed county-wide as part of a research effort on these elusive birds.
- Coordination and consultations conducted to begin preliminary analysis and modeling of thrasher habitat selection.
Bald eagle--Geographical distribution; Bighorn sheep--Behavior; Desert tortoise--Protection; Empidonax traillii; Falco peregrinus; Gopherus agassizii; Habitat (Ecology)--Protection; Haliaeetus leucocephalus; Ovis canadensis; Peregrine falcon--Habitat; Southwestern willow flycatcher; United States--Lake Mead National Recreation Area; Wildlife monitoring
Desert Ecology | Ecology and Evolutionary Biology | Environmental Indicators and Impact Assessment | Environmental Monitoring | Natural Resources Management and Policy | Science and Mathematics Education
Rees, M. N.
Lake Mead National Recreation Area Sensitive Wildlife Species Monitoring and Analysis: Quarterly Progress Report, Period Ending June 30, 2006.
Available at: http://digitalscholarship.unlv.edu/pli_lake_mead_wildlife/4
Desert Ecology Commons, Environmental Indicators and Impact Assessment Commons, Environmental Monitoring Commons, Natural Resources Management and Policy Commons, Science and Mathematics Education Commons