First page number:
Last page number:
- UNLV provides stewardship of Walking Box Ranch (WBR) by providing a caretaker who oversees the property, facilitating use of the property by researchers and educators, developing a use and research policy for the property, and coordinating these activities with BLM and in accordance with TNC restrictions.
- UNLV currently addresses security issues for the property through the presence of the caretaker and two Metro Officers who reside on the property in two recreational vehicles.
- UNLV continues to work with BLM, supplying content for interpretation at the future Walking Box Ranch museum.
- BLM and UNLV visited the ranch on December 5th to review damage to the fencing on the 40 acre and 160 acre fencing perimeter.
- Visits to the ranch this quarter included 28 people from the UNLV Road Scholar program and 7 geologists, including visitors from China, to study the surrounding area.
Historic buildings – Conservation and restoration; Historic buildings – Security measures; Historic preservation; Historic sites – Management; Nevada – Searchlight; Ranches; Tourists; Walking Box Ranch (Searchlight, Nev.)
American Popular Culture | Cultural Resource Management and Policy Analysis | Educational Assessment, Evaluation, and Research | Historic Preservation and Conservation
Rees, M. N.
Walking Box Ranch Custodianship Quarterly Progress Report: Period ending January 10, 2013.
Available at: http://digitalscholarship.unlv.edu/pli_walking_box_ranch/17