First page number:
Last page number:
- UNLV and Dornbusch and Associates have signed a contract for Dornbusch to conduct a “Visitor Services Feasibility, Compatibility, Market Study, and Business Plan” at the ranch, including all future museum and research center activities. This effort is kicking off in April 2010.
- UNLV is in the process of purchasing and installing a weather station at the ranch, and will conduct preliminary research using this equipment. Funding for a dual axis solar tracker was obtained from the UNLV sustainability initiative.
- Bill Wood, UNLV Real Estate Management, is continuing to work with Rex Bell to create an inventory of items that Rex would like to donate or sell to UNLV for inclusion in the planned museum at Walking Box Ranch. This is the first stage in identifying items that will eventually be available for exhibit in the ranch house, the anticipated blacksmith shop display that will be located near the barn, and in the barn exhibit area.
- UNLV submitted a proposal to NVREC for funding to begin using WBR as a test center for sustainable energy projects. The proposal was not selected for funding.
- UNLV submitted a request to fund educational initiatives at WBR through the UNLV Federal Appropriations process.
- UNLV facilities completed a review of the 100% Design plan completed by the architecture team, and provided BLM with a letter supporting the plan and detailing issues/questions they have regarding the plan.
- Collaboration with UNLV and CCSC IT (information technology), led by Alan Personius, UNLV, has resulted in a white paper for distribution to potential project donors and partners, and inclusion in a grant proposal to the Broadband Technology Opportunities Program to build, upgrade, extend, and deliver highspeed broadband Internet connectivity to Community Anchor Institutions located throughout Clark County, Nevada.
Bell, Rex, 1934-2011; Historic buildings; Historic preservation; Historic sites – Management; Meteorological stations; Museums – Planning; Nevada – Searchlight; Ranches; Walking Box Ranch (Searchlight, Nev.)
Business Administration, Management, and Operations | Educational Assessment, Evaluation, and Research | Environmental Design | Historic Preservation and Conservation | Tourism and Travel
Rees, M. N.
Walking Box Ranch Planning and Design Quarterly Progress Report: Period ending April 10, 2010.
Available at: https://digitalscholarship.unlv.edu/pli_walking_box_ranch/23
Business Administration, Management, and Operations Commons, Educational Assessment, Evaluation, and Research Commons, Environmental Design Commons, Historic Preservation and Conservation Commons, Tourism and Travel Commons