Subtasks 1. Record and archive data from the permanent seismic network.
2. Process seismic data into a preliminary earthquake bulletin.
3. Maintain the seismic stations, the strong-motion stations, the telemetry network, and the computing lab.
4. Prepare and submit a seismicity report on a yearly basis
5. Maintain and collect data from 3 north-portal boreholes.
6. Report on borehole accelerometers.
7. Estimate Kappa at network stations.
8. Implement a recording system at borehole UZ16.
9. Prepare and submit high-quality papers to peer-reviewed journals on seismic data and interpretations in the YM region.
10. Perform a multi-year telemetry and station upgrade.
Earthquake hazard analysis; Earthquake zones ; Faults (Geology); Nevada – Yucca Mountain; Seismic networks; Seismological stations;
Earth Sciences | Geology | Geophysics and Seismology
Anderson, J. G.,
Nevada Seismological Laboratory, University of Nevada, Reno
Southern Great Basin seismic network operations.
Available at: http://digitalscholarship.unlv.edu/yucca_mtn_pubs/11