University of Nevada, Las Vegas; Center for Academic Enrichment and Outreach
- In today’s society, there is a common belief that homeless people are the problem and that they have services at their disposal to end their homelessness. Yet, there is little consideration given to how society has influenced this population.
- Homelessness is a serious problem nationwide and is also a challenge to resolve once you have found yourself within the homeless community. It is important not to judge each homeless individual’s situation the same.
- The demographics of the homeless population is just as diverse as the factors that led to their homelessness.
- This paper examined the available literature on the contributing factors of homelessness in Las Vegas, specifically subpopulations such as veterans, victims of domestic violence, and LGBTQ youth.
- The research conferred here shows that there is very little research conducted on the homeless population in Las Vegas.
Social and Behavioral Sciences
Homelessness in the Valley.
Available at: https://digitalscholarship.unlv.edu/aanapisi_posters/8