The Office of Undergraduate Research (OUR) provides students with the opportunity to present their research at one of OUR's triannual, professional, and judged undergraduate research symposia. Each spring, summer, and fall semester, undergraduate students share their work with the campus through poster presentations, oral presentations, and exhibits.
The OUR defines undergraduate researcher in the broadest and most inclusive way. The following are considered acceptable forms and stages of research that can be presented at OUR's symposia:
- - Literature-based research (e.g. review of climate change research)
- - Reviews of publicly available facts rather than subjective opinions
- - Evaluation of previously published data from open access database or previously published research
- - Preliminary analysis, results, or findings from ongoing research
- - Proposed methodologies, plans, questions, and goals