The fifth quarter of the project covered the following:
· Literature Search: The process of evaluating the pertinent literature continued.
· Mr. Richard Silva continued the development of a simulation model with a Waelischmiller hot cell robot. Rich will continue to develop detailed 3-D process simulation models as his M.Sc. thesis project.
· Dr. Mauer presented a paper at the ANS Winter annual meeting in Washington, D.C. titled: “Design and Evaluation of Processes for Transmuter Fuel Fabrication.”
· Concepts and Methods for Vision-Based Hot Cell Supervision and control (Ph.D. Student Jae-Kyu Lee )
· Dr. Mauer presented a paper at the ISCA 2002 conference in San Diego, CA titled: “Object Recognition Over An Expanded Range Of Viewing Angles Using Indexing Methods
Nuclear fuel rods – Design and construction; Radioactive wastes — Transmutation; Robots; Industrial; Robots; Industrial – Kinematics
Nuclear Engineering | Robotics
Mauer, G. F.
Design and Evaluation of Processes for Fuel Fabrication: Quarterly Progress Report #5.
Available at: https://digitalscholarship.unlv.edu/hrc_trp_fuels/25