First page number:
Last page number:
The seventh quarter of the project covered the following:
• Mr. Richard Silva continued the development of a simulation model with a Waelischmiller hot cell robot. Rich will continue to develop detailed 3-D process simulation models as his M.Sc. thesis project.
• Mr. Richard Silva presented a paper on hot cell robotics at the ANS student conference in Berkeley, CA.
• Concepts and Methods for Vision-Based Hot Cell Supervision and control, focusing on rule-based object recognition (Ph.D. Student Jae-Kyu Lee)
• Undergraduate student Jamil Renno, developed better control algorithms, and created simulations of pick and place actions for the hot cell manipulator.
• Presentation by Dr. Mauer at U of Nevada, Reno about the Transmuter research at UNLV’s Dept. of Mechanical Engineering.
Nuclear fuel rods – Design and construction; Manipulators (Mechanism); Manipulators (Mechanism) – Control systems; Robots; Industrial; Robots; Industrial – Control systems
Nuclear engineering; Nuclear fuel rods--Design and construction; Nuclear fuels
Controls and Control Theory | Nuclear Engineering | Robotics
Mauer, G. F.
Design and Evaluation of Processes for Fuel Fabrication: Quarterly Progress Report #7.
Available at: https://digitalscholarship.unlv.edu/hrc_trp_fuels/27