First page number:
Last page number:
- List of cultural resource sites and locations for monitoring is 100% complete
- Outline for recruiting and training site stewards is now complete
- Law enforcement protocol for response to site impact/destruction has been established
- Field manual has been completed and computerized
- Training manual 90% complete and awaiting team approval
- Database loaded with 122 site steward records, of whom 88 are active
- Site steward identification card designed and approved by Cultural Resources Team; NCA and NRA fee waivers for site stewards approved by BLM and NPS
- Open house held March 19, 2005, to introduce program to site stewards
Antiquities, Prehistoric; Cultural property – Protection; Cultural property – Protection –Law and Legislation; Historic sites – Protection; Interagency coordination; Nevada; Voluntarism; Volunteers; Volunteers – Training of
Archaeological Anthropology | Civic and Community Engagement | Community-Based Learning | Cultural Resource Management and Policy Analysis | Historic Preservation and Conservation
Rees, M. N.
Cooperative Conservation: Increasing Capacity through Community Partnerships: Cultural Site Stewardship Program: Quarterly Progress Report, Period Ending March 31, 2005.
Available at: https://digitalscholarship.unlv.edu/pli_cultural_stewardship/3
Archaeological Anthropology Commons, Civic and Community Engagement Commons, Community-Based Learning Commons, Cultural Resource Management and Policy Analysis Commons, Historic Preservation and Conservation Commons