First page number:
Last page number:
- Active stewards in the program now total 210, an increase of 22% over last quarter and 618% since program inception.
- Nine additional cultural site impacts resulting in measurable damages were reported this quarter. Site stewards reported 25 cultural site impacts for 6 months beginning 10/1/05 compared with 25 impacts reported for 12 months ending 9/30/05.
- Monitoring program for Red Rock Canyon NCA adopted and implemented.
- Two site steward training classes presented this quarter, producing 41 new stewards.
- Optional training class on Archaeological Record of Southern Nevada presented to 28 site stewards.
Antiquities, Prehistoric; Cultural property – Protection; Excavations (Archaeology) – Protection; Historic sites – Protection; Interagency coordination; Nevada; Nevada — Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area; Vandalism; Vandalism – Prevention; Volunteers; Volunteers – Training of
Archaeological Anthropology | Civic and Community Engagement | Community-Based Learning | Cultural Resource Management and Policy Analysis | Historic Preservation and Conservation
Rees, M. N.
Cooperative Conservation: Increasing Capacity through Community Partnerships: Cultural Site Stewardship Program: Quarterly Progress Report, Period Ending March 31, 2006.
Available at: https://digitalscholarship.unlv.edu/pli_cultural_stewardship/7
Archaeological Anthropology Commons, Civic and Community Engagement Commons, Community-Based Learning Commons, Cultural Resource Management and Policy Analysis Commons, Historic Preservation and Conservation Commons