First page number:
Last page number:
- Forever Earth was scheduled for 17 days and benefited 307 individuals.
- Technology was successfully tested aboard Forever Earth that may allow for distance education opportunities in Clark County School District classrooms.
- Secretary of Interior Dirk Kempthorne and Congressman Jon Porter were hosted by the National Park Service aboard Forever Earth on October 31, 2006.
- Training for Forever Earth program facilitators was conducted on November 20, 2006.
- Four Discover Mojave Outdoor World events were conducted. A partnership with the Big Brothers/Big Sisters organization is under development to increase participation in the program.
- Meeting held with Las Vegas developer Focus Property Group to implement EE Strategy goals at the company’s master-planned communities in Southern Nevada, many of which sit directly on the borders of federal public lands.
- Progress continued on development of a certification program for Nevada conservation educators and interpreters.
- Grant funding was obtained for a diversity workshop.
- The SNAP Board suspended operations of the Interagency Conservation Education & Interpretation Team.
Desert ecology – Study and teaching; Environmental literacy; Environmental sciences – Study and teaching; Nevada; Outdoor education
Education | Environmental Sciences | Science and Mathematics Education
Environmental Education Strategy for Nevada
Education in the Environment: A Hands-on Student Research and Outdoor Learning Experience: Quarterly Progress Report: Period Ending November 30, 2006.
Available at: https://digitalscholarship.unlv.edu/pli_education_reports/15