First page number:
Last page number:
During the past three-months, the focus of the university’s efforts has included the following highlights:
- Forever Earth was scheduled 15 times in the past quarter.
- Twelve Discover Mojave Outdoor World events were completed; a draft Year 2 schedule was completed.
- An Outdoor World assessment report compiled and results were presented at a professional academic conference.
- The Phase I Education in the Environment Strategy document was completed.
- A Phase II action plan is underway by the Environmental Education Committee.
- A place-based education conference, “Our Places Tell Stories,” will be held in January 2006.
- Survey data is being collected from Clark County School District teachers about their use of educational field trips.
- Planning has begun for a master’s degree in environmental education to train new educators for the Las Vegas Valley.
- Coordination efforts continue between the Interagency Environmental Education Team and other interagency teams that have identified education components within their program/project efforts.
Curriculum planning; Desert ecology – Study and teaching; Environmental literacy; Environmental sciences – Study and teaching; Nevada; Outdoor education
Curriculum and Instruction | Education | Environmental Sciences | Science and Mathematics Education
Rees, M. N.
Education in the Environment: A Hands-on Student Research and Outdoor Learning Experience: Quarterly Progress Report: Period Ending November 30, 2005.
Available at: https://digitalscholarship.unlv.edu/pli_education_reports/4