First page number:
Last page number:
During the past three-months, the focus of the university’s efforts has included the following highlights:
- Data compiled, summarized, and analyzed from survey of existing environmental education programs in Southern Nevada.
- Planning underway for place-based education conference to be held in January 2006.
- Survey of Southern Nevada teachers developed and ready to be administered in October 2005.
- Vision, mission, and goals set for area-wide Environmental Education Committee.
- Planning for pre-service teacher training in environmental education and master’s degree environmental education program initiated.
- Coordination efforts underway between the Interagency Environmental Education Team and other interagency teams that have identified education components within their program/project efforts.
- Conducted four Discover Mojave Outdoor World events.
- Participated in the Nevada State Department of Education workshop to write test items for science proficiency exams in July 2005.
- Purchased insurance and completed hiring of 4 personnel for the Forever Earth vessel.
Curriculum planning; Desert ecology – Study and teaching; Environmental literacy; Environmental sciences – Study and teaching; Nevada; Outdoor education
Curriculum and Instruction | Education | Environmental Sciences | Science and Mathematics Education
Environmental Education Strategy for Nevada
Education in the Environment: A Hands-on Student Research and Outdoor Learning Experience: Quarterly Progress Report, Period Ending August 31, 2005.
Available at: https://digitalscholarship.unlv.edu/pli_education_reports/6