First page number:
Last page number:
During the past three months, the focus of the university’s efforts has included the following highlights:
- Forever Earth was scheduled for 18 days and benefited more than 400 individuals.
- Curricula for 5th, 6th, and 7th grades were created for the Forever Earth program; pre- and post-trip activities were also written.
- Activities for 5th and 6th grades were field tested on 7 Forever Earth trips.
- A 1000-gallon fuel donation was contributed to the Forever Earth program by Overland Petroleum Company, St. George, Utah.
- The Forever Earth marketing plan was completed.
- 12 Discover Mojave Outdoor World events were conducted for 104 participants; the totals for Year 2 include 28 events conducted for 241 participants.
- The SNAP Education Team Charter has been signed by the SNAP Board.
- The Draft Southern Nevada Agency Partnership Conservation Education and Interpretation Strategic Plan was completed.
- Results from a teacher survey have been compiled.
Curriculum planning; Desert ecology – Study and teaching; Environmental literacy; Environmental sciences – Study and teaching; Nevada; Outdoor education
Curriculum and Instruction | Desert Ecology | Education | Environmental Sciences | Science and Mathematics Education
Rees, M. N.
Education in the Environment: A Hands-on Student Research and Outdoor Learning Experience: Quarterly Progress Report, Period Ending May 31, 2006.
Available at: https://digitalscholarship.unlv.edu/pli_education_reports/9