First page number:
Last page number:
• Technical assistance with the implementation of the Interagency Monitoring Action Plan (I-MAP) for Quagga Mussels is ongoing. Three sampling events took place this quarter and analysis of all samples (fall 2009 – spring 2010) is underway.
• Two graduate students are undergoing necessary training for the two small-scale research projects funded by this task agreement. Sampling is anticipated to begin in June 2010.
• The quarterly Interagency Quagga Mussel Meeting was held in March 2010.
• Protocols relevant to the Long-term Limnological Aquatic Resource Monitoring and Research Plan (Plan) for Lakes Mead and Mohave have been identified.
• A meeting has been scheduled to develop topics and processes for synthetic analysis and report development as prescribed by the Plan.
• A concept for developing and organizing NPS limnology-related web pages has been documented and will be finalized next quarter.
• Relevant other interagency monitoring meetings were attended.
Aquatic resources; Dreissena; Freshwater ecology; Introduced aquatic organisms; Limnology; Quagga mussel; United States – Lake Mead National Recreation Area
Environmental Health and Protection | Environmental Monitoring | Fresh Water Studies | Natural Resources and Conservation | Natural Resources Management and Policy | Terrestrial and Aquatic Ecology
Rees, M. N.
Limnological Assistance for Lake Mead National Recreation Area: Quarterly Report, Period Ending March 30, 2010.
Available at: https://digitalscholarship.unlv.edu/pli_lake_mead_limnology/13
Environmental Health and Protection Commons, Environmental Monitoring Commons, Fresh Water Studies Commons, Natural Resources and Conservation Commons, Natural Resources Management and Policy Commons, Terrestrial and Aquatic Ecology Commons