First page number:
Last page number:
- Technical assistance with the implementation of the Interagency Monitoring Action Plan (I-MAP) for Quagga Mussels is ongoing. During this quarter, analysis was completed for 42 juvenile/adult samples and analyses of the remaining samples are underway.
- As of 7/07/11 all sample sets will have been collected for Veliger abundance and settlement at different depths of Lake Mead; sampling continues for Growth of adult quagga mussels within Las Vegas Wash/Las Vegas Bay.
- The Interagency Quagga Mussel Meeting was held on 05/17/11; the next meeting is scheduled for 08/25/11.
- Appendix 7, an addition to the Long-term Limnological and Aquatic Resource Monitoring and Research Plan for Lakes Mead and Mohave, has been completed and is under review.
- All associated deliverables from NPS project partners are continuing to be collected for a close-out report to SNPLMA on all Water 2025 Conservation Initiative-funded projects (Rounds 4, 5, and 7); this quarter focused on drafting the narrative portion of the report.
- A draft interagency quagga mussel needs statement was prepared and will be available for review at the next Interagency Quagga Mussel Meeting.
- The project group is contributing to the NPS-funded U.S. Geological Survey Circular Report on the science of Lakes Mead and Mohave.
- Interagency Monitoring and Research Coordination Meetings were held on 4/14/11 and 6/16/11; the next meeting is planned for October.
Aquatic resources; Dreissena; Freshwater ecology; Introduced aquatic organisms; Limnology; Quagga mussel; United States – Lake Mead National Recreation Area; United States – Lake Mohave; Water-supply – Management
Environmental Health and Protection | Environmental Monitoring | Fresh Water Studies | Natural Resources and Conservation | Terrestrial and Aquatic Ecology | Water Resource Management
Rees, M. N.
Limnological Assistance for Lake Mead National Recreation Area: Quarterly Report, Period Ending June 30, 2011.
Available at: https://digitalscholarship.unlv.edu/pli_lake_mead_limnology/16
Environmental Health and Protection Commons, Environmental Monitoring Commons, Fresh Water Studies Commons, Natural Resources and Conservation Commons, Terrestrial and Aquatic Ecology Commons, Water Resource Management Commons