First page number:
Last page number:
- Technical assistance with the implementation of the Interagency Monitoring Action Plan (I-MAP) for Quagga Mussels is ongoing. During this quarter, processing of all 2010 juvenile/adult samples was completed; remaining analyses are underway. The project team assisted NPS with 2011 collections.
- A final report on Veliger abundance and settlement at different depths of Lake Mead is in preparation for delivery at the end of November 2011; sample analysis continues for Growth of adult quagga mussels within Las Vegas Wash/Las Vegas Bay with report delivery planned for the end of November 2011.
- The Interagency Quagga Mussel Meeting was held on 08/25/2011; the next meeting is scheduled for 11/17/2011.
- Appendix 7, an addition to the Long-term Limnological and Aquatic Resource Monitoring and Research Plan for Lakes Mead and Mohave, has been revised with additional content added.
- All available deliverables from NPS project partners have been collected for a close-out report to SNPLMA on all Water 2025 Conservation Initiative-funded projects (Rounds 4, 5, and 7); the report narrative was finalized and project files were linked to an organizer spreadsheet within an external hard drive for delivery.
- The draft interagency quagga mussel needs statement was distributed to members of the Interagency Quagga Mussel Meeting group for review and revised.
- The project group contributed to the NPS-funded U.S. Geological Survey Circular Report on the science of Lakes Mead and Mohave.
- Interagency Monitoring and Research Coordination Meetings were held on 9/11/11; the next meeting is scheduled for 11/17/2011.
Aquatic resources; Dreissena; Freshwater ecology; Introduced aquatic organisms; Limnology; Quagga mussel; United States – Lake Mead National Recreation Area; United States – Lake Mohave
Environmental Health and Protection | Environmental Monitoring | Fresh Water Studies | Natural Resources and Conservation | Terrestrial and Aquatic Ecology
Rees, M. N.
Limnological Assistance for Lake Mead National Recreation Area: Quarterly Report, Period Ending September 30, 2011.
Available at: https://digitalscholarship.unlv.edu/pli_lake_mead_limnology/17