First page number:
Last page number:
• Don’t Trash Nevada website traffic remains strong despite no separate marketing.
• Project Manager Douglas Joslin attended a by-invitation-only presentation for environmental groups on May 17, 2007 to discuss marketing opportunities with BTDT Enterprises, Inc.
• Mr. Joslin is working with the Clark County School District on elementary educational programs.
• The Anti-Litter Team has started work on a GIS database for littering and dumping data with the GIS Team. The two Teams met twice this quarter to discuss strategy.
• Republic Services’ sponsored Don’t Trash Nevada advertisements, which have begun to run in local newspapers.
• More than 350 people have taken the on-line anti-litter and dumping pledge.
• Mr. Joslin presented at the Summerlin Earthfaire on April 21, 2007.
• Mr. Joslin and the Team have started working with the Las Vegas Natural History Museum. The Anti-Litter Team is conceptualizing an exhibit on litter prevention.
• Five volunteer clean-ups took place this quarter.
• The Team placed three dumpsters and 20 roll-offs on public lands this quarter.
• Anti-Litter Team received a certificate of appreciation from the Take Pride in America program.
• One alternative work force clean up was conducted this quarter.
Interagency coordination; Environment – Study and teaching; Litter (Trash) – Computer network resources; Litter (Trash) – Prevention; Nevada; Recycling (Waste, etc.); Voluntarism; Volunteers
Civic and Community Engagement | Environmental Health and Protection | Natural Resources and Conservation | Sustainability
Rees, M. N.
Take Pride in America in Southern Nevada: Quarterly Progress Report, Period Ending July 05, 2007.
Available at: https://digitalscholarship.unlv.edu/pli_litter/14