Public Lands Institute
Las Vegas (Nev.)
First page number:
Last page number:
• Project Manager Douglas Joslin has been assisting the IVP team due to the resignation of Donna Grady. This included assisting with the November 3, 2007 volunteer recognition event.
• The team created a tentative event schedule for 2008.
• The messaging campaign year two plan is complete and under review by the SNAP Board.
• Take Pride in America in Southern Nevada and Public Lands Institute was featured in Las Vegas Weekly.
• Mr. Joslin is conducting a waste characterization study for NPS.
• A new bus stop ad campaign is complete and currently awaiting approval by the SNAP Board.
• Seventy-six people took the anti-litter pledge this quarter, bringing the total number of pledges to 507.
• Planning for the Don’t Trash Nevada exhibit at the Las Vegas Natural History Museum continued this quarter.
• Take Pride in America in Southern Nevada attended one public outreach event this quarter.
• The Take Pride in America in Southern Nevada team established a new donor relationship with Saxbys Coffee.
• The Anti-Litter Team completed eight volunteer clean-up projects this quarter for a total of 24 events in 2007. This amount is double the Team’s annual goal of 12 events.
Advertising; Public service; Interagency coordination; Litter prevention; Nevada; Recycling; Voluntarism; Volunteers
Civic and Community Engagement | Environmental Health and Protection | Environmental Sciences | Natural Resources and Conservation | Physical Sciences and Mathematics | Social and Behavioral Sciences | Sociology | Sustainability
IN COPYRIGHT. For more information about this rights statement, please visit http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/InC/1.0/
Rees, M. N.
Take Pride in America in Southern Nevada: Quarterly Progress Report, Period Covering October 6, 2007-January 5, 2008.
Available at: https://digitalscholarship.unlv.edu/pli_litter/16