First page number:
Last page number:
- The team showcased their clean up efforts to the Assistant Secretary of the Interior.
- Work continued on the development of an adopt-a-block/parcel program to address the litter and desert dumping problems that exist in the urban-public land interfaces throughout Clark County.
- The team has sent a representative to serve on the City of Las Vegas Keep America Beautiful task force.
- The team began collaboration with the Howard Hughes Corporation on a desert clean up.
- The recycling feasibility report was presented and approved by the SNAP board.
- The team made substantial progress on the completion of a strategic plan.
- A working model of the GPS unit to be used by volunteers for the GIS database project was developed.
- Phase III media campaign continued.
- Seven clean-up events were conducted this quarter.
- The team provided 495 cubic yards of roll-off space for clean-ups.
Advertising, Public service; Interagency coordination; Litter (Trash) – Prevention; Nevada; Pollution prevention; Recycling (Waste, etc.); Voluntarism; Volunteers
Civic and Community Engagement | Environmental Health and Protection | Natural Resources and Conservation | Sustainability
Rees, M. N.
Take Pride in America in Southern Nevada: Quarterly Progress Report, Period Covering July 6, 2009 – October 4, 2009.
Available at: https://digitalscholarship.unlv.edu/pli_litter/23