Public Lands Institute
Las Vegas (Nev.)
First page number:
Last page number:
- From July 1, 2008 to June 30, 2009 the Volgistic database has increased the number of records by 20% containing a total 6,226 records at the end of this period.
- Website activity this year averaged 63,590 hits per month, with an average of 5,290 pages viewed per month.
- The IVP team presented a summary of their accomplishments to the SNAP board.
- The team attended 13 community outreach events resulting in 2,501 direct contacts and 394 new mailing list records.
- How to Succeed with Volunteers training was held for SNAP personnel.
- The IVP team met with four SNAP teams to develop plans for assisting them with their volunteer needs.
- The Interagency Volunteer Program (IVP) completed a total of 29 volunteer events contributing a total of 4,504 volunteer hours.
- A total of 125 volunteers completed orientations and trainings with the IVP.
- The IVP team assisted the Fish and Wildlife Service with three grant proposals with one being awarded and the remainder pending review.
- A total of 205 volunteers attended the recognition banquet.
Environmental management; Interagency coordination; Nevada – Clark county; Voluntarism; Volunteer workers in environmental education; Volunteer workers in environmental protection
Civic and Community Engagement | Desert Ecology | Environmental Health and Protection | Environmental Monitoring | Natural Resources and Conservation
IN COPYRIGHT. For more information about this rights statement, please visit http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/InC/1.0/
Rees, M. N.
Nevada Interagency Volunteer Program: Helping Hands Across Public Lands – Phase II: Annual Progress Report, Period Covering July 1, 2008 - June 30, 2009.
Available at: https://digitalscholarship.unlv.edu/pli_outdoors_nevada/23