First page number:
Last page number:
- UNLV provides stewardship of Walking Box Ranch (WBR) by providing a caretaker who oversees the property, by facilitating use of the property by researchers and educators, developing a use and research policy for the property, and coordinating these activities with BLM and in accordance with TNC restrictions.
- UNLV currently addresses security issues for the property through the presence of the caretaker and two Metro Officers who stay on the property in rotation.
- With SNPLMA funding in place, UNLV is currently assessing security needs for the forthcoming five-year period during planning and construction of the future, field research and training center, and museum.
- During the current quarter, UNLV participated in effective and collaborative partnerships through participation by eight UNLV employees in the December 1- 4, 2008 Kickoff meeting that initiated work on this project.
- UNLV has begun to develop a Premises-use Process.
- UNLV has begun to develop a Monitoring Process.
Historic buildings – Conservation and restoration; Historic preservation; Historic sites – Management; Ranches; Walking Box Ranch (Searchlight ; Nev.)
American Popular Culture | Historic Preservation and Conservation
Rees, M. N.
Walking Box Ranch Custodianship Quarterly Progress Report: Period ending January 10, 2009.
Available at: https://digitalscholarship.unlv.edu/pli_walking_box_ranch/1