Public Lands Institute
Las Vegas, NV
First page number:
Last page number:
- UNLV provides stewardship of Walking Box Ranch (WBR) by providing a caretaker who oversees the property, facilitating use of the property by researchers and educators, developing a use and research policy for the property, and coordinating these activities with BLM and in accordance with TNC restrictions.
- UNLV currently addresses security issues for the property through the presence of the caretaker and two Metro Officers who reside on the property in two recreational vehicles.
- Visits to the ranch this quarter included: Dr. Diedra Clemente, history professor for UNLV, visited the ranch to determine research possibilities for students in the history department and UNLV Educational Outreach held a class on watercolor painting at the ranch with 17 people in attendance.
- UNLV notified BLM that the well was no longer producing water and assisted BLM with the repairs
- UNLV learned that the monthly water test indicated the presence of colliform in the water and assisted BLM with retesting the water. Additional tests did not detect colliform
Historic buildings – Conservation and restoration; Historic preservation; Historic sites – Interpretive programs; Historic sites – Management; Nevada – Searchlight; Ranches; Water – Analysis
American Art and Architecture | American Popular Culture | American Studies | Architecture | Arts and Humanities | Cultural Resource Management and Policy Analysis | Education | Educational Assessment, Evaluation, and Research | Historic Preservation and Conservation | History of Art, Architecture, and Archaeology
IN COPYRIGHT. For more information about this rights statement, please visit http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/InC/1.0/
Rees, M. N.
Walking Box Ranch Custodianship Quarterly Progress Report: Period ending October 10, 2011.
Available at: https://digitalscholarship.unlv.edu/pli_walking_box_ranch/12
American Art and Architecture Commons, American Popular Culture Commons, Cultural Resource Management and Policy Analysis Commons, Educational Assessment, Evaluation, and Research Commons, Historic Preservation and Conservation Commons