First page number:
Last page number:
- UNLV provides stewardship of Walking Box Ranch (WBR) by providing a caretaker who oversees the property, facilitating use of the property by researchers and educators, developing a use and research policy for the property, and coordinating these activities with BLM and in accordance with TNC restrictions.
- UNLV currently addresses security issues for the property through the presence of the caretaker and two Metro Officers who reside on the property in two recreational vehicles.
- UNLV continues to work with BLM and Condit, supplying content for interpretation at the future Walking Box Ranch museum.
- BLM visited the ranch on July 5 to conduct a preliminary safety inventory for an audit that will occur in October. Most issues identified during the visit will be corrected during construction and renovation.
- Visits to the ranch this quarter included: 22 seniors from the Clark County Parks and Recreation Senior program, 73 members of the Preservation Association of Clark County, 9 residents of Nipton and two overnight stays by professionals
Historic buildings – Conservation and restoration; Historic buildings – Security measures; Historic preservation; Historic sites – Interpretive programs; Historic sites – Management; Nevada – Searchlight; Ranches; Walking Box Ranch (Searchlight; Nev.)
American Popular Culture | Cultural Resource Management and Policy Analysis | Educational Assessment, Evaluation, and Research | Historic Preservation and Conservation
Rees, M. N.
Walking Box Ranch Custodianship Quarterly Progress Report: Period ending July 10, 2012.
Available at: https://digitalscholarship.unlv.edu/pli_walking_box_ranch/15