First page number:
Last page number:
- UNLV participated in the 100% Design Concept Plan meeting, June 10-12, 2009 at the BLM Las Vegas Field Office and Walking Box Ranch (WBR), and provided comments toward proposed concepts for the museum and field, research, and training center at Walking Box Ranch.
- A request for funding for road construction and repair at WBR was submitted to NDOT (6/24/09).
- UNLV participated in the following meetings related to the search for renewable energy funding for the ranch: ARRA Implementation Workshop sponsored by Senator Reid (4/16); UNLV Stimulus Funding Workshop (4/17), Renewable energy meeting with UNLV engineering faculty (4/21), Harry Reid Center meeting on energy (5/7), Renewable Grant Workshop sponsored by Senator Ensign (6/29).
- UNLV visited the Zzyzx research center, Baker, CA to further learn about research center operations and facilities.
- Rex Bell revised his rights to the WBR brand to share that brand with UNLV
- UNLV has nearly completed a request for “Visitor Services Feasibility, Compatibility, Market Study, and Business Plan” which will be submitted to Dornbusch during the next quarter.
- UNLV is working with Viceroy Mining on obtaining mine rock for building stone.
- UNLV is continuing to work with the Architectural Resources Group (ARG) under our SAT grant, to complete Master and Preservation Plans that will guide the SNPLMA-funded museum and field station projects now underway.
Historic buildings – Conservation and restoration; Historic buildings – Maintenance and repair; Historic preservation; Historic sites – Management; Museums – Planning; Nevada – Searchlight; Ranches; Visitors' centers – Planning; Walking Box Ranch (Searchlight, Nev.)
Business Administration, Management, and Operations | Educational Assessment, Evaluation, and Research | Environmental Design | Historic Preservation and Conservation | United States History
Rees, M. N.
Walking Box Ranch Planning and Design Quarterly Progress Report: Period ending July 10, 2009.
Available at: https://digitalscholarship.unlv.edu/pli_walking_box_ranch/20
Business Administration, Management, and Operations Commons, Educational Assessment, Evaluation, and Research Commons, Environmental Design Commons, Historic Preservation and Conservation Commons, United States History Commons