First page number:
Last page number:
- UNLV provides stewardship of Walking Box Ranch (WBR) by providing a caretaker who oversees the property, facilitating use of the property by researchers and educators, developing a use and research policy for the property, and coordinating these activities with BLM and in accordance with TNC restrictions.
- UNLV currently addresses security issues for the property through the presence of the caretaker and two Metro Officers who reside on the property in two recreational vehicles. UNLV has prepared a draft document outlining this agreement that will be signed by UNLV and participating officers. This agreement is now under review by UNLV solicitors.
- UNLV forwarded to BLM draft versions of a Research Application Permit and a ranch inspection process in February 2010. These documents are deliverables for the current agreement and are under review by BLM.
- UNLV has requested permission from BLM to temporarily seal a large crack in the ranch house that is allowing moisture to penetrate the walls, using appropriate non-permanent materials.
- UNLV has requested assistance from BLM to repair fencing on the property and permission to move historic tools from the NE corner of the Headquarters Parcel to the barn for safekeeping.
Historic buildings – Conservation and restoration; Historic buildings – Security measures; Historic preservation; Historic sites – Management; Nevada – Searchlight; Ranches; Walking Box Ranch (Searchlight , Nev.)
American Popular Culture | Historic Preservation and Conservation
Rees, M. N.
Walking Box Ranch Custodianship Quarterly Progress Report: Period ending July 10, 2010.
Available at: https://digitalscholarship.unlv.edu/pli_walking_box_ranch/7