Master of Science (MS)
Number of Pages
The White Pine district of Nevada is about 30 miles east of Eureka, midway between eureka and Ely, and includes approximately 270 square miles. the area comprises essentially the southeast quarter of the Seligman No. 1 quadrangle, the southwest quarter of the Illipah No. 2 quadrangle, the northwest quarter of the Treasure Hill quadrangle, and the northeast quarter of the Mount Hamilton quadrangle in T. 15, 16, 17, N., and R. 57, 58 E., M.D.B. and M.
The original purpose of the geological work, done under the direction of the Nevada Bureau of Mines, was to prepare a map of the area around Hamilton and Pogonip Ridge in relation to the mineral deposits there. Various companies became interested in the petroleum possibilities of Eastern Nevada in 1947 and accordingly it was decided to expand the work to include more of the Upper Paleozoic rocks in the vicinity. The author spent most of the summers of 1946, 1947, 1948, and 1949 working on this project.
Geological surveys; Nevada – White Pine County; Petroleum — Prospecting; Prospecting
Humphrey, Fred L., "Geology of the White Pine District" (1956). UNLV Theses, Dissertations, Professional Papers, and Capstones. 1418.