9th Northumbria International Conference on Performance Measurement in Libraries and Information Services
York, United Kingdom
• Identify steps in the process that add customer defined value
• Identify waste in transportation, wait, overproduction, defect, inventory, motion, or extra processing
• Eliminate the steps in the process that don’t add value or are unnecessary
• Make sure the steps flow in an efficient sequence
• Establish pull, i.e., make sure the steps in the sequence don’t create bottlenecks
• Continue to improve the process
Business logistics; Lean manufacturing; Technical services (Libraries); Workflow
Library and Information Science | Operations and Supply Chain Management | Public Administration | Strategic Management Policy
Using Lean to teach the technical services value stream: An Online continuing education course.
Presentation at 9th Northumbria International Conference on Performance Measurement in Libraries and Information Services,
York, United Kingdom.
Available at: https://digitalscholarship.unlv.edu/libfacpresentation/91