First page number:
Last page number:
- The Cultural Site Stewardship Program now has 229 enrolled site stewards, a 6% increase this quarter and an increase of 674% since program inception.
- One training class was held this quarter and generated 13 new site stewards.
- Seventeen significant cultural site impacts were reported during the quarter. Site Stewards reported 49 significant impacts during the 9 month period compared to 18 impacts during the same period last year.
- Two sets of Volunteer Regional Coordinators were appointed, for a total of 4 teams to cover Clark County.
- Thirty-nine new site stewards were assigned this quarter, and a total of 148 critical sites are being monitored.
Antiquities; Prehistoric; Cultural property – Protection; Historic sites – Protection; Interagency coordination; Nevada; Vandalism; Volunteers
Archaeological Anthropology | Civic and Community Engagement | Community-Based Learning | Cultural Resource Management and Policy Analysis | Historic Preservation and Conservation
Rees, M. N.
Cooperative Conservation: Increasing Capacity through Community Partnerships: Cultural Site Stewardship Program: Quarterly Progress Report, Period Ending June 30, 2006.
Available at: https://digitalscholarship.unlv.edu/pli_cultural_stewardship/8
Archaeological Anthropology Commons, Civic and Community Engagement Commons, Community-Based Learning Commons, Cultural Resource Management and Policy Analysis Commons, Historic Preservation and Conservation Commons