First page number:
Last page number:
Highlights of the university’s focused efforts during the past three months include the following:
- Evaluation results from the NEEI Certification program will be presented at the North American Association for Environmental Education National Conference on October 9-10, 2009.
- A grant was received from the Nevada Community Foundation for the printing of The Story of Gill graphic novel.
- A total of 75 people participated in Families in Nature events at the Spring Mountains and Lake Mead National Recreation Areas.
- A third Nevada Environmental Education & Interpretation Certification program was held August 12-18, 2009 for twelve participants.
- A third Our Places Tell Stories Conference is being planned for February 24-27, 2010.
- Forever Earth was scheduled for 23 days and benefited 688 individuals.
- The National Park Service used Forever Earth as a mobile visitor center on three dates. During these outings, Park Service interpreters contacted over 500 visitors and presented two water safety programs.
- Fourteen Discover Mojave Outdoor World events were conducted for 754 participants.
Environmental literacy; Environmental sciences – Study and teaching; Nevada; Outdoor education
Education | Environmental Sciences | Science and Mathematics Education
Environmental Education Strategy for Nevada
Education in the Environment: A Strategy for Continued Interagency Outdoor Education Programming: Quarterly Progress Report: Period Ending August 31, 2009.
Available at: https://digitalscholarship.unlv.edu/pli_education_reports/18