First page number:
Last page number:
Continuation of Project 1
- The research effort titled Growth of adult quagga mussels within Las Vegas Wash/Las Vegas Bay is ongoing.
Continuation of Project 2
- Additional content was contributed to the future NPS-funded U.S. Geological Survey Circular ‘state-of-the-science’ report for Lakes Mead and Mohave. UNLV performed a new co-editing and coordinating task related to this product as the major focus of this quarter’s effort; the master version of this report is on schedule for delivery to the editorial team during the first week of October 2012.
Extended Short-term Continued Limnological Assistance
Quagga Mussel Objectives:
- Most juvenile/adult quagga mussel samples were collected in late September 2012; the remaining will be collected during October 2012 with analyses scheduled for Quarter 4.
Information Management and Distribution:
- As noted above (cont. of Project 2), major effort related to information management and distribution was contributed through a new co-editing task for the NPS-funded U.S. Geological Survey Circular Report.
- Meeting facilitation - The Interagency Quagga Mussel Meeting was held on 08/15/2012; the next meeting is scheduled for 12/05/2012.
- New content for web pages describing the Lake Mead Ecosystem Monitoring Workgroup (LaMEM) has been delivered.
- The Lake Mead Ecosystem Monitoring (LaMEM) Workgroup Meeting was held on 08/23/2012; the next meeting is scheduled for 12/05/2012 (following the Quagga Mussel Meeting).
- The suggested structure -- with which to organize and integrate files into the existing structure within an NPS Lake Mead NRA Resource Management Division shared drive (T:) -- was finalized and all associated materials (or links to documents) were delivered.
Small-scale Avian Mercury Analyses
This project was initiated in earnest during June 2012; field collections occurred through July 2012 and analyses are ongoing.
Aquatic resources; Dreissena; Freshwater ecology; Introduced aquatic organisms; Limnology; Quagga mussel; United States – Lake Mead National Recreation Area
Environmental Health and Protection | Environmental Monitoring | Fresh Water Studies | Natural Resources and Conservation | Terrestrial and Aquatic Ecology
Rees, M. N.
Limnological Assistance for Lake Mead National Recreation Area: Quarterly Report, Period Ending September 30, 2012.
Available at: https://digitalscholarship.unlv.edu/pli_lake_mead_limnology/19