First page number:
Last page number:
- Volunteer database increased 9.5% over last quarter. Database now contains 2,698 records.
- Website activity decreased, recording an average of 42,488 hits per month, with an average of 4,435 pages viewed per month (3.6% decrease in pages viewed).
- Volunteer recognition ceremony scheduled for November 4 at the Renaissance Hotel, Las Vegas.
- Fall 2006 volunteer training schedule finalized.
- National Public Lands Day volunteer projects successfully executed at Red Rock Canyon NCA and Lake Mead NRA, with a total of 232 community volunteers contributing more than 1,000 hours toward clean-up and restoration of Southern Nevada’s public lands.
- Team charter presented to the federal managers.
- The Southern Nevada Interagency Volunteer Program received the Take Pride in America Award for best Federal volunteer program. This is the second consecutive year the program was recognized.
Environmental management; Interagency coordination; Litter (Trash) – Prevention; Nevada – Clark county; Voluntarism; Volunteer workers in environmental education; Volunteer workers in environmental protection
Civic and Community Engagement | Environmental Health and Protection | Environmental Monitoring | Natural Resources and Conservation
Rees, M. N.
Cooperative Conservation: Increasing Capacity through Community Partnerships - Interagency Volunteer Program: Quarterly Progress Report, Period Ending September 30, 2006.
Available at: https://digitalscholarship.unlv.edu/pli_outdoors_nevada/13