First page number:
Last page number:
- Maintained a central clearinghouse created for Southern Nevada public lands volunteers, including: ─ an online volunteer data-management application (Volgistics) adopted and customized for the program and populated with 8,500 active and 961 mailing list volunteer records ─ a community outreach Web site that currently averages 8,230 pages viewed per month since July 2007 and has aided in the recruitment of 11,943 volunteers ─ updated website to word press for sustainability ─ branding development and marketing and outreach tool creation
- Updated Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all areas of Interagency Volunteer Program Management—recruitment, training, recognition, retention of volunteers, event planning, and database management.
- Implemented an Interagency Volunteer Program with the following components: ─ volunteer recruitment activities ─ volunteer orientation and training courses ─ volunteer recognition events ─ volunteer service yielding nearly 53,924 hours of volunteer work (equivalent to more than $ 1,175,003.96) done on Federal public lands
- Acquired in-kind and monetary awards based on research and identification of potential funding opportunities and collaborations with national and local organizations.
- Recognized volunteers during National Volunteer week, ex: small gifts, events, ice cream social and barbeques.
- Planned and implemented 5 volunteer recognition banquets.
- Built and maintained relationships with the public through outreach activities at community events; rapid data entry into database; timely response to inquiries through telephone, electronic, and mail correspondence; and presentation at a professional conference.
- Developed and delivered an online volunteer orientation program.
- Developed and delivered volunteer assistant training, including a handbook.
- Planned and implemented 62 volunteer trainings.
- Coordinated “get to know your land” bus tours.
Environmental management; Interagency coordination; Nevada – Clark county; Voluntarism; Volunteer workers in environmental education; Volunteer workers in environmental protection
Civic and Community Engagement | Environmental Health and Protection | Environmental Monitoring | Natural Resources and Conservation
Rees, M. N.
Nevada Interagency Volunteer Program: Helping Hands Across Public Lands—Phase II: Final Project Report, December 31, 2012.
Available at: https://digitalscholarship.unlv.edu/pli_outdoors_nevada/42