First page number:
Last page number:
- UNLV provides stewardship of Walking Box Ranch (WBR) by providing a caretaker who oversees the property, facilitating use of the property by researchers and educators, developing a use and research policy for the property, and coordinating these activities with BLM and in accordance with TNC restrictions.
- UNLV currently addresses security issues for the property through the presence of the caretaker and two Metro Officers who stay on the property in rotation.
- UNLV has begun a conversation with Metro to improve security at the ranch in the short term, and also to incorporate security planning for the future constructed site into the design phase through Metro’s Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED) program.
- UNLV has begun to develop a Premises-use Process, which will be completed during 2009.
- UNLV has begun to develop a Monitoring Process, which will be completed during 2009.
- UNLV is finalizing an agreement with METRO officers permitting the officers to stay on the ranch property, increasing security for the ranch.
Historic buildings – Conservation and restoration; Historic buildings – Security measures; Historic preservation; Historic sites – Management; Nevada – Searchlight; Ranches; Walking Box Ranch (Searchlight ; Nev.)
American Popular Culture | Historic Preservation and Conservation
Rees, M. N.
Walking Box Ranch Custodianship Quarterly Progress Report: Period ending April 10, 2009.
Available at: https://digitalscholarship.unlv.edu/pli_walking_box_ranch/2