First page number:
Last page number:
- UNLV has finalized a scope of work with Dornbusch and Associates to conduct a “Visitor Services Feasibility, Compatibility, Market Study, and Business Plan” and is now working with purchasing to sole source this contract.
- UNLV is continuing to work with BLM and Viceroy Mining to obtain rhyolite from the Viceroy Castle Mountain deposit to use for building stone in the new construction.
- UNLV submitted an EPSCoR proposal requesting ~$2.67M over three years to conduct sustainable energy research at WBR, which would include design and installation of green energy technologies.
- UNLV is working with Condit to finalize the WBR brand.
- UNLV is working with EDAW and BLM to identify location of old well near ranch house. UNLV will determine the best method to analyze water available for the ranch for coliforms, nitrates and other constituents, and to report those results.
- UNLV is continuing to work with the Architectural Resources Group (ARG) under our SAT grant, to complete Master and Preservation Plans that will guide the SNPLMA-funded museum and field station projects now underway. The SAT will be completed by 12/31/09.
Historic buildings; Historic preservation; Historic sites – Management; Museums – Planning; Nevada – Searchlight; Ranches; Visitors' centers – Design and construction; Walking Box Ranch (Searchlight, Nev.); Water – Analysis
Business Administration, Management, and Operations | Environmental Design | Historic Preservation and Conservation | Tourism and Travel
Rees, M. N.
Walking Box Ranch Planning and Design Quarterly Progress Report: Period ending October 10, 2009.
Available at: https://digitalscholarship.unlv.edu/pli_walking_box_ranch/21