Public Lands Institute
Las Vegas (Nev.)
First page number:
Last page number:
- Topsoil replacement monitored at Willow Beach Wastewater Rehabilitation Project
- Desert tortoise surveys and monitoring conducted for Northshore Road reconstruction projects, and desert tortoise training provided to 9 construction contractors.
- Field work associated with the project to remove desert tortoise radio transmitters from animals on Mormon Mesa completed.
- Weekly data processing for Desert Bighorn Sheep monitoring associated with the Hoover Dam Bypass Project continued.
- Fall field surveys for relict leopard frogs completed (11 sites surveyed); last of this year’s head-started animals released; RLFCT meeting held.
- Work started on a digital database (GIS) of Peregrine falcon observations.
- Monthly shorebird surveys conducted (22 site surveys total); Access database of shorebird survey data was developed.
- Upcoming southwestern willow flycatcher surveys were planned and coordinated with other agencies.
- Point counts for several sensitive songbird species conducted (37 sites total); coordination and consultations to refine field methods for songbird study conducted.
- Upcoming bald eagle survey/census organized.
Bald eagle; Birds--Geographical distribution; Bighorn sheep--Behavior; Desert tortoise--Protection; Peregrine falcon; Desert tortoise; Habitat conservation; Peregrine falcon habitat; Southwestern willow flycatcher; Lake Mead National Recreation Area; Wildlife monitoring
Desert Ecology | Ecology and Evolutionary Biology | Environmental Indicators and Impact Assessment | Environmental Monitoring | Environmental Sciences | Life Sciences | Physical Sciences and Mathematics
IN COPYRIGHT. For more information about this rights statement, please visit http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/InC/1.0/
Rees, M. N.
Lake Mead National Recreation Area Sensitive Wildlife Species Monitoring and Analysis: Quarterly Progress Report, Period Ending December 31, 2005.
Available at: https://digitalscholarship.unlv.edu/pli_lake_mead_wildlife/1